AcroYoga Level 1 Teacher Training with Jason Nemer, Chris Loebsack & Bonnie Argo
SPRING 2014 EAST COAST
Applications currently being accepted. A non-refundable deposit of $825 is due to confirm acceptance. Cost $3500-$4000 Includes: 3 vegetarian meals a day & dorm or shared lodging for 16 nights, training manual and tuition for 10+ hours a day of instruction.
- Before you apply
- 50 hours of studying with certified AcroYoga teachers (In any form of Classes, Workshops, Series, Privates, Conferences, & Festivals)
- Study and practice the AcroYoga Flight Manual for at least a year
- Request a teacher from firstname.lastname@example.org, if you do not live in a community that has a certified teacher
- Have taught either yoga/massage/acrobatics in formal group setting for at least 1 year
- At least 2 years experience in AcroYoga
- 1 minute free headstand
- 30 seconds handstand against the wall
- 5 of each with good form; push ups, downdog pushups, v-ups & hollow body rocks
- Base & Fly Levels 1 & 2 of all Therapeutic Flying Flows
- Certification of a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training or equivalent.
- Completion of at least 2 Immersions, preferably all 3 (Elemental, Lunar and Solar).Each Immersion offers at least 30 hours of in depth study of AcroYoga methods and progressive practices.
- The Immersions must be 2 different types: i.e. Elemental + Lunar, or Elemental + Solar. It is recommended to take Immersions in areas where you have less formal experience or training.
- Contact time of at least 50 hours each in Yoga, Acrobatics and Thai Massage or another Healing Art.
- Applications are reviewed on a case by case basis.
Relationship AcroYoga is about relationship at its core. Our intention, through the teacher training process, is to have established a personal relationship with every applicant who comes to the training. Building a relationship with a solid foundation takes time so the more that we see you in Classes / Workshops / Immersions, the more we can grow together and allows us to offer you feedback while supporting you as you progress and grow.
Application ProcessThe application process is designed to help you become more clear in your intentions of becoming a teacher and to help us see the holistic picture of who and where you are. Submitting an application lets us know that you are interested in becoming a teacher and opens a dialogue. If you have met the pre-requisites, please feel free to apply and we will start a conversation about how to move forward together.
The Format of the TrainingThe 2+ week residential intensive format is designed to be a concentrated transformational experience. Class is held from 7am-10pm most days with a packed schedule. You will be immersed in the practice with an international community of extraordinary people, often in some of the most beautiful places in the world!
The training is focused on sharing the art of teaching and co-teaching, rather than learning the practice. We trust that when you arrive at the training you have already thoroughly embodied all of the foundational components of the practice. Much of our time at the training is spent in small groups where you will practice co-teaching sections of material. Each small group is facilitated by one of the teacher training staff and everyone practices giving and receiving constructive feedback.
The ExperienceDuring our time together, you will be seen, reflected and supported to expand into the fullest possible expression of who you really are. You will gain tools for communicating clearly, while creating honest and compassionate co-teaching relationships, which is the heart of AcroYoga. Our greatest hope is that you depart from teacher training with these teaching tools and a better understanding of who you are, what your offer as a teacher, and how to create community everywhere you go.
Join the FamilyBecoming an AcroYoga teacher connects you to a worldwide tribe of healers that love to play and create community. When you complete the teacher training you enter into a global family of metta monkeys! With 200+ certified teachers worldwide, you will tap into the resources of an international network of colleagues, playmates, and co-collaborators. To maintain the intimacy of this tribe, we only offer 1-2 teacher trainings per year, and also offer 1-2 teacher-only gatherings per year to help keep the connections strong.
Visit ACROYOGA for your application